Requesting An Online Form
Goucher faculty or staff who wish to host an online form for collecting information from others should follow the following guidelines for software selection and data management rules.
Create Own Form Using Microsoft Forms Web App
All Goucher users have access to use the Microsoft Forms software as part of their Office 365 account. This option works well for simple forms that are edited often and response data is handled by a single individual. Note that this solution does not have a file upload field available.
Request A Web Form from the Office of Communications
Forms that require file uploads, conditional logic, or where response data is shared among a few individuals should be requested from the Office of Communications.
Request a consultation with the Office of Communications by completing their Project Request form. (Type of Service=Web and Web Service=Other)
Handling Sensitive Data
All forms must meet the Goucher Computer Use Policy, which states that certain sensitive should NOT be collected or stored online. Sensitive data includes, but is not limited to…
- a social security number
- a driver’s license number, state identification card number, or other individual identification number issued by a unit
- a passport number or other identification number issued by the United States government
- an individual taxpayer identification number
- a financial or other account number, a credit card number, or a debit card number that, in combination with any required security code, access code, or password, would permit access to an individual’s account
- any Student information protected by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)