Need to access an application that you don’t have installed on your own computer? Here’s a way you can still access the software you need from off campus.
Step 1: Download and Connect to Cisco AnyConnect VPN
You must first connect to the Cisco AnyConnect VPN network so you can connect to the Goucher network. Click the link below if you do not already have the VPN client installed on your personal computer.
Step 2: Download and Install Teamviewer
In order to connect to a specific computer in a Mac lab, you will need to:
- Download and install a free remote client named Teamviewer.
- During installation, make sure default installation is selected and then select Personal/Non-commercial use in the How do you want to use Teamviewer? section.
- Then select Accept/Finish to complete the install. Windows users, select Yes if you have User Access Control enabled.
Note: you do not need to create an account to use this application.
Step 3: Connect to Mac
A special teamviewer ID is needed to connect to a specific computer. For a list of available Macs with their associated teamviewer ID click the link below:
Once you have selected the computer that you would like to connect to, copy the ID and enter it into the Partner ID field in the Control Remote Computer section of the Teamviewer client.
Make sure that Remote control is selected then click Connect. A window will appear requesting a password. Enter GoucherRemote2020 in the password field and click Log On to connect.
During Remote Session
Please keep the following items in mind while in your remote session:
- There is no sound available. This is not a limitation to Teamviewer. This is just how Macs handle remote sessions.
- Do not close the teamviewer client running on the Mac. If you close the client, then it will automatically end your session and no one else will be able to remote until we can re-launch it.
- Log in to Creative Cloud with your Adobe ID. If you need to use an Adobe product, you will need to log in to Creative Cloud first. If you do not have an Adobe ID, follow the link to create one.
- Deny others from logging in. Teamviewer allows more than one person to log on to the same computer. There is no way for us to prevent this. However, if you are logged in to a Mac and you receive a message that someone wants to connect, simply deny the request so you can continue your session.
- Log out of the Mac when done. You must log out of the Mac by going to the Apple menu at the top left of the screen and select Log Out from the menu. DO NOT select any other option. If you do not log out then this prevents others from logging in after you. Then you can end the Teamviewer remote session.
If you experience any problems during setup or use of the Mac, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.