Even with a spam server in place, there may be a small amount of spam and/or phishing messages that will still get through to your inbox. By using the steps below, you can help us block these emails from coming through in the future. *Note: These steps do not work on mobile devices such as phones or tablet apps.
How to Report Spam/Phish Email
IT recently enabled a protection feature within Outlook that allows you to report spam/phishing emails. These quick and easy steps will help Microsoft identify which emails are spam/phishing and will eventually prevent them from coming through again.
- Select the email in your inbox that you believe to be spam/phishing.
- On the Home tab, click Report Message and then select Junk if it’s spam or Phishing if it’s an email that is trying to collect private information.
- Then select Report when prompted.
The spam email will be moved to the Junk Email folder and reported to Microsoft. The Phishing email will be reported to Microsoft then you can delete it.
Keep in Mind…
- You may still continue to get the same email until Microsoft is able to completely block the sender.
- You can also report email as safe if you find that it’s being caught by quarantine.
- If you still experience a problem, please contact the Help Desk for further assistance.