By default, many of our systems are automatically populated with your legal name. If you wish to be addressed by a chosen name instead of a legal name in your regular Goucher work and communications, please follow the guidelines in the Registrar’s Name Change Policy.
Some highlights from this policy include:
- Employees, including student employees, should update their preferred name choices in Workday using the Change Your Preferred Name job aid.
- Academic users (such as faculty and students) should enter their preferred first name* in MyGoucher using the steps in the Registrar’s Name Change Policy document.
- Only enter your preferred first name under “Display Name”. Do not include titles, pronouns or last names in the same field as your chosen first name.
- Display names in MyGoucher will automatically be updated over time in academic systems such as Canvas, Navigate, DegreeWorks, and the Housing Director.
- Information on OneCard replacements can be found on the OneCard website.
- Name changes to email addresses can be requested at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note whether you are requesting a new email address or only an alias. If we provide you with a new email address, future emails to your original address will be lost.
While pronouns are added to some of our systems automatically through various data connections, some systems require users to update their pronouns manually if desired. Use the links below for instructions.