Adding an Atomic Learning Tutorial to GoucherLearn
Atomic Learning hosts our online training portal and provides a wide variety of training subjects that all Goucher staff, faculty, and students can access anytime using their Goucher login.
- In a new tab or window, go to training.goucher.edu and log in with your Goucher username and password.
- From the “Search” tab, type in name of the topic you would like to find (i.e. Excel, Photoshop, research, study skills, etc.) and then click “Search”.
- Click on the title of the course you would like to share.
- If you would like to share the entire course with your students, copy the URL in the address bar. If you would like to share only one of the videos with your students, find the video and click the “Share this video” button by it.
- Open a new browser tab or window and go to the GoucherLearn course you would like to edit.
- Click “Turn editing on” in the upper right hand corner.
- Go to the section where you would like to add the Atomic Learning tutorial and click “Add an activity or resource”.
- Select “General tool” under “External tools” and click “Add”
- Type in a name for the activity in the box next to “Activity name”.
- Paste the URL you copied in the bar next to “Launch URL”.
- Click “Save and display” if you would like to go to the link or “Save and return to course” if you would like to go back to your GoucherLearn course.
NOTE: In order for students to access any tutorials or videos you link to from GoucherLearn, they will first have to log in to training.goucher.edu in a separate window or tab.
Assign assessments to Students:
Some of the courses on Atomic Learning contain assessments. You can assign these assessments to students and track how well they do.
Note: Students must log into training.goucher.edu at least once for their account to be created. Have them do this before you begin.
- Email the Helpdesk at email@example.com and request that your Atomic Learning account be given permission to track assessments.
- After your account permissions have been updated by the Helpdesk, go to training.goucher.edu.
- Login with your Goucher username and password.
- Go to the “Tools” tab and click “Manage Assessment Assignments” under “Assessment”.
- Click “Create Assessment Assignment”. This will open a dialog box.
- From the dropdown menu next to “Assignment Type” select the training you would like to assign.
- Select the assessment(s) you would like to assign from the dropdown menu next to “Assignment(s)”. Hint: Multiple assessments can be chosen at one time using the Control or Shift key on your keyboard.
- Name the assignment, set the due date, and then click “Next”.
- Underneath “Select a User” type in the name (or part of the name) of the student you would like to add and click on their full name when it appears below.
- Click the “Add” button. Repeat this for all students you would like to assign this assessment to.
- After you have added all of the students, click the “Save” button.
To track the assignments:
- Go to the “Tools” tab.
- Click on “Manage/View” under “Reports”.
- Go to the “Skills Assessment” tab.
- Click on the dropdown menu beneath “Select a Report” and select “Skills Assessment by Assignment”.
- Select “Goucher College” underneath “Filter by:”
- Set the correct reporting dates and then click “Generate Report”.
- Click on the specific assignment name to view how each assigned individual has progressed.