Quick Answer: The simplest way to upload a file to your course is to 1) Turn editing on in your course and 2) drag-and-drop the file from your computer’s file browser (Windows Explorer for Windows; Finder for Macs) into the topic area of your choice. Note that you may have to resize your windows for drag-and-drop to work properly.
- If the quick answer causes problems, users can also use the “+Add an activity or resource” option. Here are step-by-step instructions for uploading a file using this method (uses minimum requirements and options):
- Go to your course outline and select Turn Editing On in the upper-right hand corner.
- In the topic you wish to edit, click the Add A Resource link and choose File under Resources.
- You will be redirected to a page called “Adding a new file to (Course Title).” The first thing to fill-in is the “Name” box. Add a title for the file link, which will be displayed on your course outline. Next, fill-in a short description of your file, in the “Description” box.
- Scroll down to the “Content” section, and under Select Files, click the Add button.
5. A new window displaying your course files will pop up. Select the Upload a File button, and select the file you want to upload.
Note: Advanced users can resize their windows and drag the desired file into the drag-and-drop area.
6. Click the “Upload this File” button.
Note: The file has now been added to your GoucherLearn Files but has not yet been added to your course homepage.
7. The file will now appear in that window along with any other files uploaded to the course. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and select Save And Return To Course.
8. The file will now be visible in your course outline.
For futher information on how to upload a file, watch this video here.