News & Opportunities
Click here for a description of Avital Nyer-Levin’s Fall 2013 class, “Jewish Relationships: Then & Now.” The class meets on Wednesdays from 5:30 – 6:30 p.m. For additional details, to arrange other learning opportunities, or to meet with Avital individually on Wednesday afternoons, contact Avital or “like” JLIC at Goucher on Facebook. Avital comes to Goucher through the Orthodox Union’s national Jewish Learning Initiative on Campus.
Goucher Hillel sends out weekly emails to students that list upcoming events and opportunities. We also send monthly updates to our supporters. Please let us know if you’d like to join our weekly or monthly email lists. Below are some of our most recent messages:
- December 2013 [Pancake Study Break, Post-Chanukah Party, Goucher Builds]
- November 2013 [#MakeItHappen, Heartbeat: Israeli & Palestinian Youth in Concert, Ice Skating with UMBC Hillel, Challah for a Cause, Kristallnacht Commemoration, and Internship Opportunities]
- October 16, 2013 [Hagit Yaso Concert, Interfaith Homelessness Forum, Speech Ethics Series]
- October 9, 2013 [Juggling Tradition, Jewish-Christian Conversation Series, Sinai Scholars]
- October 2, 2013 [Family Weekend, Juggling Tradition, Jewish Relationships: Then & Now]
- September 25, 2013 [Jewish Women's Activism, Simchat Torah, and Muslim Imam]
- September 18, 2013 [Celebrate Sukkot with Goucher Hillel!]
- September 12, 2013 [Yom Kippur & Sukkot Happenings, Free Taglit-Birthright Israel Trip, and More!]
- September 3, 2013 [Apples & honey today, Rosh Hashanah tomorrow!]
- August 27, 2013 [Hillel's Hiring! Plus: Cookie-Decorating Tonight & Snapshots from Sat. Night]
- August 18, 2013 [New Year, New Staff, O's v. Yankees, and More!]
- August 11, 2013 [Welcome, Class of 2017!]
* * *
View the 2012-2013 Goucher Hillel newsletter here! Highlights include a glimpse of our recent Torah dedication, a chance to meet our new Israel Fellow, and a series of “then & now” photos dating back to the early days of Goucher Hillel.
Baltimore-area Hillels sent students on a transformative trip to Poland in June. Read more here.
* * *
In May 2013, we completed the writing and restoration of Goucher’s first Torah scroll, which was rescued by the Jewish community of Prague during the Holocaust and will be used by many generations of Goucher students to come. Read more here (Baltimore Jewish Times).