Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I get started? (Introductory video opens in new window)
- Why don’t I see my course if I’m enrolled in MyGoucher?
- How do I update my profile?
- How do I change my GoucherLearn notifications?
- How do I post to a forum?
- How do I add an entry to a blog, wiki, or journal?
- How do I record a podcast?
- How do I edit a wiki?
- How do I send emails to my professors or classmates?
- How do I submit an assignment?
- How do I check my grades?
- What is docking?
- Can I access GoucherLearn on my phone? (There’s an app for that!)
Watch the intro video in HD below!
Why don’t I see my course if I’m enrolled in MyGoucher?
Check with your professor to see if they’ve made the course unavailable to students.
How do I update my profile?
After logging into GoucherLearn, click on your name/icon in the upper right-hand corner of the screen. This will open a dropdown menu. Select “Profile”. On the profile page, click “Edit Profile”.
Some fields cannot be permanently changed, such as your last name and email address.
Other fields, however, can be customized:
- First name
- The city and country where you live
- Your interests
- Other ways to contact you
How do I change my GoucherLearn notifications?
Click on your name/icon in the upper right-hand corner of the screen to open the dropdown menu. Click on “Preferences” and then click on “Messaging”.
Alerts are configured by default based on the following general guidelines:
- Activity Alerts – Appear in the Alert Badge area in the top right corner
- User Messages – Appear under My Home in the Activity Stream area
- Forum Subscriptions – Subscription notifications are sent through regular email
How do I post to a forum?
Click the forum then click the discussion topic. In the bottom right corner, click Reply. You can then write your post.
How do I add an entry to a blog, wiki, or journal?
1. Go to the blog, wiki, or journal your instructor has created. Click Add Entry or Add Page, title your entry/page and Add.
2. Compose your entry using the page’s HTML text editor.
3. When you’re done, click Save & Exit at the bottom of the page.
How do I record a podcast?
Go to the podcast in your course and click Add New Episode.
* Choose Record Media if you want to record your podcast directly in GoucherLearn.
– For video podcasts, select the Video tab.
– Pop-ups will appear asking for permission to use your Mic and your webcam.
* Choose Upload Media if you’ve already made a recording (using software such as Audacity).
* Choose Link to External Media to direct your instructor to an online recording (hosted on websites such as Youtube or Soundcloud). Use Check Link to see if your website can work.
How do I edit a wiki?
Easy! Go to the wiki, find the page you need, and click the blue Edit icon on the right side of the page.
How do I submit an assignment?
How do I send emails to my professors or classmates?
Under the QuickMail block located on the upper-left side of your course, click Compose New Email > choose the name of the person you want to send an email to > click Add > type your email into the designated box > click Send Email.