- To change the course format, go to “Edit Settings” in the Administrative block.
- Scroll down to “Course Format.” Here, you can choose the format, number of sections, hidden sections, and the course layout.
- Under “Course format,” you can choose between Folder View, Topics, Flexpage, Single Activity, Social or Weekly Formats. Most users use either Folder View or Topics.
What is Folder View?
- Course topics are organized into folders that can be expanded or collapsed by clicking on them. It is ideally suited for courses with a lot of content because topics at the bottom of the course outline are more easily seen.
- This view also makes editing easier for instructors because editing choices appear as single links at the top of the page (versus options appearing in every topic area).
How do I enable Folder View in my course?
Quick Answer: From the Settings Panel, go to “Course administration”, “Edit settings”, “Course format“, change the “Format” setting to Folder View, and then save changes.