The Advanced Forum has features that enable students to discuss forum topics in assigned groups.
1. On your course page, turn editing on.
2. Click Add a Activity or Resource. Select Advanced Forum from the options listed in the pop-up window. Click Add at the bottom of the window.
3. Fill in the required sections (name & description).
4. To adjust the group settings in the forum, click the Groups Mode drop-down menu in the “Common Module Settings” category. There are three options—
No groups: There are no sub-groups; each student can see what every other student posts.
Separate groups: Each group can only see their own group; others are invisible.
Visible groups: Each group works within their own group, but can also see other groups.
Select the option that works best for you > select Save and display at the bottom of the page. You’ll be taken to the forum page.
5. In the upper-right corner of the forum page, there is a drop-down menu that allows the professor to filter their views/posts to one group only or to all students at once.
Email email@example.com if you have any questions.