Engalitcheff Institute on Comparative Political and Economic Systems (ICPES)
June 10 – August 4, 2012
Held at Georgetown University, Washington, DC
Priority Deadline: February 7, 2012
Final Deadline: March 7, 2012
Sponsored by The Fund for American Studies, the Institute provides a substantive professional experience for 30 hours a week with a challenging academic experience at Georgetown University. This fast-paced, eight-week residential program provides students from around the world with the opportunities to gain an edge in today’s competitive job market and graduate school admissions, and experience the excitement of Washington first-hand.
The Admissions Committee looks for well-rounded students who demonstrate ambition, strong academic performance, leadership ability, maturity, and involvement in campus and community activities. The committee prefers applicants who have a GPA of 3.0 or higher, a strong letter of recommendation, relevant professional or volunteer experience and well-written essays.
* Internships – Competitive public policy placements
* Classes – Up to 9 credit hours in political science and economics from Georgetown University
* Housing – Roommate matching and furnished on-campus apartments in the heart of DC
* Guest Lectures – With Washington’s top policy and industry experts
* Exclusive Briefings – At the State Department, Federal Reserve, World Bank and Capitol Hill
* Leadership & Professional Development – Leadership, mentoring and career building activities
* Networking – Interaction with seasoned professionals and student leaders from around the world
* Scholarships – Approximately 70% of students receive generous awards based on merit and financial need
For detailed information and an online application, visit www.DCinternships.org/ICPES