Bridging the Gap

When I first applied to be on the vagabonds team, I had definitely not anticipated all that I would gain from this trip.  Our two weeks on the road were a whirlwind of smiling faces both in memory and anticipation for Goucher.  I loved meeting every single person we encountered on the road and learned so much about our school and everyone who is connected to it.  However, I believe that the most significant thing I learned was that our students and alumnae/i may not have a whole lot of interaction, but they have quite a lot in common.  It is only now that I see that switching campuses and transitioning to be a co-ed school were not severe enough changes that they altered what Goucher has and always will stand for.  Goucher students are still extremely open-minded individuals who care about what is going on in the world and what they can do to personally make a difference in it.  They are passionate, motivated, and accepting and have all contributed to the special place that our school is today.  I plan to continue the work we have been doing on the road in order to spread the word, both to alum and our students: we need to reach out to each other to embrace our similarities, celebrate our differences, and use both to help each other!

Gearing up for another fantastic year,

See you all soon!

Elizabeth

Elizabeth120

Scroll To Top